Saturday, March 3, 2012

Who needs a recipe?

I didn't want to waste good pesto in the fridge, so I made grilled sandwiches using...
  • Sliced roast beef (Boar's Head brand)
  • Sliced provolone cheese (also Boar's Head)
  • Sliced tomatoes, sprinkled with salt & pepper
  • Pesto, of course!
  • Italian bread

Not knowing what would be served along side of my sandwich creation, I headed to the grocery store with an open mind. I ended up with a new item in my basket: brocolinni. I threw caution to the wind and thought, "How hard can this be?" I first sauteed one shallot and two garlic cloves (chopped) in a mix of olive oil and butter. After one minute, I added the bunch of brocolinni and cooked it for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, I added salt and pepper. Easy and DEE-licious!!

My meal was semi-homemade...I cheated with some potato wedges from the freezer! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment