Sunday, April 29, 2012

Meat n' Potatoes

I stayed true to my fellow bloggers and assembled dinner using a couple of their recipes. I started with a creation of my own: spring mix lettuce topped with tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and mozzarella cheese marinated in red wine vinaigrette. The main course was none other than meat n' potatoes - perfect for a Sunday dinner!


Soy Marinated Flank Steak - This recipe was previously posted by Ceci. I followed her advice and the result was delicious! I've never made flank steak before and I rarely grill, but this recipe is SO worth it.

Roasted Potatoes - I obtained this recipe from Bill during one of my visits to the LBO. He's not posted it to the blog, so I'll do him the favor. Wait, he hasn't posted anything on the blog! I digress...
     1 bag small gold potatoes
     1/2 bunch fresh rosemary
     Olive oil
     Salt & Pepper
Half the potatoes (quarter the larger ones) and place in a gallon sized ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil. Chop the rosemary leaves; add to the bag and shake. Line cookie sheet with non-stick foil. Place potatoes on cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle generously with salt & pepper. (I also dotted mine with a little butter - YUM). Bake at 425 for 40 minutes.



The meal was super easy to prepare. For once, I spent more time enjoying the meal than preparing it! Until next time...
~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment